What is Dressed to Learn?
Dressed to Learn is a partnership with LISD Council of PTAs and Communities in Schools of North Texas (CISNT). Established in 2004, the program benefits LISD students in need of basic clothing items to ensure they are “Dressed to Learn.”
CISNT Program Managers work in conjunction with LISD counselors at the following schools:
- Tom Hicks Elementary hosted a “Share the Love” coin collection which raised over $1,500 for Dressed to Learn.
- Central Elementary School
- Hedrick Elementary School
- Lakeland Elementary School
- Peters Colony Elementary School
- Rockbrook Elementary School
- DeLay Middle School
- Hedrick Middle School
- Harmon High School
- Killough High School
- Lewisville High School
These schools receive the majority of the donations.
However, every LISD student in need of basic clothing items can benefit from this program through their teachers, counselors, school nurses, principals and staff who will assess and determine their needs.
Dressed to Learn is for every LISD student!
Monetary donations are always welcome. Checks should be made payable to LISD Council of PTAs and mailed to 1800 Timber Creek Drive, Flower Mound, TX, 75028. Please note on the check that it is designated for Dressed to Learn.
Who Can Help?
- Student Councils
- Booster Clubs & Sports Teams
- Scout Troops
- Dress the Knight Competition at McKamy Middle School raised over $3,000 to benefit students in Lewisville ISD.
- Church & Youth Groups
How Can You Help?
- Coin & Clothing Drives
- Tips from Chili Cookoff/School Dinners
- Collections at Pep Rallies
- Donation Drives during Carnivals & Auctions
- Grade Level Contests
- Angel Tree
- Cash & Gift Card Collections
Be creative & build your own event!
Click here to download a printable brochure to use at your school or organization. It contains all the information you need about Dressed to Learn.