It’s that time of year again! Time to select your 2016-17 Lifetime and Extended Service awards! If you haven’t already, immediately form your Lifetime membership selection committee. This committee is typically made up of the membership chair and a couple of board members. Refer to your PTA’s by-laws for guidelines on the number of committee members needed.
A Lifetime PTA award winner can be anyone who has gone above and beyond to help your school’s PTA. Your PTA’s standing rules will tell you how many people you can honor and remember that a person can only receive the Lifetime award once. An extended service award is for 10 or more years of service. It is nice to give the Lifetime award first if they do not already have it.
Your honorees and one guest per person are invited to the Founder’s Day dinner on February 23, 2017 at Circle R Ranch. The cost of each individual ticket will be courtesy of YOUR PTA, so make sure that you have sufficient funds in budget. It is also suggested that the PTA President and the Principal of your school also attend, paid by the PTA.
You must also go to the Texas PTA website to order a certificate with your award winner’s name on it. This year each award winner will receive a personalized certificate, a pin and a decal. You can submit your award winners’ names and pay here:
• Extended service award is $125 + shipping
• Lifetime PTA award is $75 + shipping
• November-January—Form Lifetime nominating committees and select award recipients.
• January 11th—Invitations to the Founders Day banquet available at the LISD Council meeting.
• February 2nd—Deadline to RSVP and submit payment for banquet
• February 23rd—Founders Day Banquet at Circle R Ranch, $35 Per person
Instructions for payment and submission of award winner’s names to LISD Council will be available beginning next week at the Council meeting. Please feel free to reach out with any questions you may have.