Bowling for Scholars is the LISD Council of PTAs big annual fundraiser — we use the money raised for two scholarships at each LISD high school. Stay tuned for 2023-24 school year details.
In the meantime, see photos from the 2022 Bowling for Scholars event on the LISD Council of PTAs Facebook page.
What is Dressed to Learn?
The Lewisville ISD PTA Council Dressed to Learn program provides clothing items to LISD students in need who may be experiencing: Financial hardship, homelessness, parent/guardian unemployment, or home displacement due to fire, etc.
Students in need are identified by Communities In Schools North Texas (CISNT) Site Coordinators and/or school counselors. To ensure student privacy, counselors and/or site coordinators will connect with the Dressed to Learn program to set up a delivery to the campus with the needed items. Depending on the items available in the closet, deliveries may take up to 2-3 days. If you know of a student in need, please contact their school counselor or CISNT Site Coordinator.
How can you help?
- Monetary Donations
- Clothing Donations
- NEW ONLY underwear, socks, and shoes
- Gently used, freshly laundered, fully functional, school appropriate and ready-to-wear clothing is accepted
- Because the needs of the closet vary throughout the year, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details
- Clothing drives are a common source of support
Follow Dressed to Learn on Facebook page @Dressedtolearn for the most up-to-date information on drives, needs, and work days!
Reflections has been a staple arts program in many schools for over 50 years. Through the efforts of our Local PTAs, millions of students have found a creative outlet in the areas of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography, and visual arts.
With positive recognition as the focus of this program, rather than competition, students of all ages and abilities can experience the benefits of creative expression and help in finding their own voice in telling their unique story.
Started in 1969 by Mary Lou Anderson, then Colorado PTA President, Reflections has grown to be one of the largest nationwide programs of its kind, with more than 200,000 students participating annually.
Express your artistic talent and tell us how you plan to change the world through Reflections!
- Local PTAs are welcomed to nominate members for PTA’s Texas Lifetime Members and Extended Service Members awards.
- The PTA Board is responsible for purchasing and presenting the certificate/pin to their awardees at their campus.
- A districtwide celebration dinner will be in the spring semester. Details to come.
- Remember to have an approved budget line for actual awards from Texas PTA and the celebration dinner.
- Who your PTA pays for may be listed in your Standing Rules. If this is not the case, traditionally the dinner for the PTA President, Principal, Award Winners and Guest each are paid for by the local unit, which is dependent on availability of funds and an approved budget expense.
- For more “official” information and to order awards, visit: https://www.txpta.org/volunteer-recognition.